Madeleine has been very interested in gardening so for her 4th birthday we decided to have a "Garden Party" with just a few of Madeleine's favorite girlfriends. The weather has been overly soggy but the day turned out perfect with a 75 degree afternoon. As usual, I took far too many pictures and I can't post them all but I'll give the highlights. The rest of the 400 (yes, 400) photos are on the link to the right. This isn't even including Dad's photos which I haven't seen yet but are likely far better than mine!
Buggy Cakes in the raw (before decorating)
Buggy Cakes "after".
Lots of crafts for the girls. Foam/foamy sticker things are quite popular.
Grub. The peanut butter & jelly sandwiches cut into flowers were a hit.
More crafts. The girls decorated their tote bags for the "Bug Hunt" outside.
A very cool Ava!
After the girls decorated their foam flowers, they planted them in the yard.
Group picture. This was as good as it got.
We decorated terra cotta pots then planted seeds. I have no high hopes for anything to come of the seeds but they had a great time digging in the dirt and watering their pots.
Cake time!
Abbie right before she told me this was the best birthday party ever. Awww. I'm sure she says that to all the moms.
Presents! I didn't think Madeleine would want to open presents in front of everyone since she hates to be the center of attention but she did and it was fun! I'm so proud of her.
More to come...
No comments:
Post a Comment