Second annual trip to the Bay Leaf Fire Dept open house. Weather was perfect and this year the kids were brave enough to participate in the awesome activities. They learned how to use a fire extinguisher, crawl through a smoke house and the rules for what to do when there is smoke and a door is hot. They learned quite a bit actually, I was quite impressed.
We got to see a "Jaws of Life" demonstration which Austin thought was the coolest ever. When they were done he said, "now it looks like a jeep!"
And a very cool fire demonstration that got a little out of hand. My video was a tad shaky at the end and I wanted to get our hot pants out of there! {Edited to add "there" instead of "their". Pet peeve and I even published it. Slap on wrist! Ouch!]
Very fun afternoon. I actually learned a lot and I know the kids did too. Now we have to plan our "evacuation plan" soon. My only question is...where were all the cute fireman that I normally see in calendars???? :)






No comments:
Post a Comment