Austin's birthday festivities kicked off Saturday. We hosted a soccer party with all of his buddies (all 16 of them!). I admit I loathe the goody bags at kids parties that are filled with candy so I made team jersey's for his friends to wear at the party instead.
Austin requested a cake with "a dinosaur playing soccer" and what the boy wants, the boy gets. This cake was created by Val Plonski who has done several of our cakes and they are always a work of art.
What we did not know was that in the party room there were games and video machines. As well as an oh so convenient change machine. One look at this and Austin dumped his friends and stayed behind to play games. Mystery people must have kept giving him money because he never seemed to run out. He became quite good at the change machine.
To his credit, he did win 2 balls. I'm guessing it must have taken him a mere $30 in quarters.
Rob got beat on by a pack of wild animals. He's quivering in the corner!
Group pictures!
Thank you to all the kids and parents who helped us celebrate Austin's big day. It was very special and we are lucky to have such great friends! The rest of the photos are on the link to the right.







No comments:
Post a Comment