It seemed easy and no sewing was required so I agreed. Plus, the instructions say it's good for ages 3-5 so really, how hard could it be?? But the instructions must of meant that these pillows are fun for ages 3-5 to play with (not make) or maybe they meant to say "kids ages 3-5 will enjoy watching their mom makes these" because there was no way my 3-5 year olds could make this. After making it, I reviewed the website again and found this..."This craft requires extra parent involvement and a watchful eye, because it may require sharp tools or intricate handiwork". It should have said it WILL require sharp tools AND intricate handiwork. It also failed to mention the ridiculous mess that fabric glue creates. And did you know fabric glue removes nail polish? Now you do.
Madeleine was able to help enough that she was happy and Austin just ran around in his underpants screaming "Moose A. Moose" over and over. And when they were done the kids were so happy, excited and giddy that all that mess was worth it. I thought I did a pretty good job considering I haven't done crafts in about 30+ years. Rob even called me Crafty Cathy. And if he ever calls me Cathy again I'm going to start calling him Bob. In public.


No comments:
Post a Comment