Tuesday, February 23, 2010

The King of New Orleans on Fat Tuesday

Harry Connick, Jr.- one of my favorite entertainers - played a full house at the Durham Performing Arts Center last night. He was joined onstage by his close friend Branford Marsalis, who lives locally in Durham. Rob was more excited to see Branford Marsalis. I admit I am not a fan of his genre of music but HCJ is one of the most entertaining people on stage. He's absolutely hilarious. Seriously hilarious. We've seen him on three occasions and every time, I leave the show grinning ear to ear.  But this time, I was grinning for a different reason...BACK STAGE PASSES! 

Thanks to my dad who got us a "hook up". Dad is friends with one of the saxophone players in HCJ's band and he was so nice to get us all VIP passes to meet the man himself.  So meet him we did!



Rob kind of talked his ear off. The look at HCJ's face makes you wonder what Rob was saying, doesn't it? I couldn't tell you because I was too busy staring at him with that dumb look on my face!  

No comments: