In my efforts to make some improvements around here this year (see this post), I have accomplished what could be our most important change - getting the kids to sleep better. Madeleine was a great sleeper until Austin came along but Austin has never, ever been a good sleeper. Shocking I know, Austin is usually so easy (note heavy sarcasm). Bedtime around here is a real nightmare. For a long time, Austin would get up at all hours of the night and morning and be ready for the day at 4:30am. After months of struggling with this I discovered the GoodNite Lite. This thing is pure genius and I recommend it to anyone who has kids waking up too early. Problem fixed.
Next problem...not falling asleep well and getting up at night. Bedtime took HOURS and we'd be up all night fighting to keep them out of our bed. This was not working for us. Everyone in this house was cranky, stressed and tired every single day. Honestly, Rob and I knew what to do to fix this we were just too lazy and tired to do it. Then just a couple of weeks ago I did the Bedtime Blues Webinar with Amy McCready, owner of Positive Parenting Solutions. I had a big eureka moment and that night we made the changes. I did a modified version of the "Ferber Method" using a lot of Amy's tips and within 4 nights all of our issues were gone. Our house is 110% happier and we are all less stressed out. Thank you Amy! And now on to Challenge #3...

No comments:
Post a Comment