A very big and sentimental package arrived from Grammie King yesterday. I didn't show the kids it right away (as I'd normally do) because inside I found candy (of course) that was not good timing and a gorgeous football helmet that I didn't want anyone to touch! So I waited. This is a helmet Rob had as a child that was kept in fantastic condition. Grammie King sent the helmet for Austin but implied it should be kept in a safe place - I totally agree! He'll never be allowed to play with it unsupervised! Tonight, Rob gave Austin the helmet. This is super sentimental. This belonged to Rob as a child and the icing on the cake?.......It's a STEELERS helmet! What could be better then a 70's something Steelers helmet. So although it is fun and fabulous, up on the bookshelf it will now sit.
Don't you just want to eat him alive, he is so cute??
I'm really in love with this helmet and so glad Grammie sent it. I love how sentimental she is (just like me!). We will find a wonderful place to put it in the house. it will definitely become a centerpiece around here. Thank you, Grammie! All of the helmet/gift pics are posted to the right.
No comments:
Post a Comment