Sunday, January 11, 2009

The Game

Some days, it is very hard to be a Carolina Panther fan. They truly have earned their nickname "Cardiac Cats". Saturday's game was not quite a 'sit on the edge of your seat' kind of game but it was hard to watch. We drove to Charlotte Saturday afternoon in hopes of watching the Panthers start their run to the Super Bowl but it was not to be. We had fun anyway. 

I missed my very favorite part of the game - the start. The music starts, smoke is pumping, the panther cat is growling, Sir Purr is going ballistic, the crowd goes crazy and the players come flying out of the big inflatable cat tunnel (yes, I'm serious). It's quite an event. But this is how I saw it...
Waiting in line at the ATM while a slew of drunk idiots could not manage to make a simple withdraw. Infuriating.  Here's the inflatable cat tunnel. Intimidating, yes?

Of course I had to get my face painted. It's become a tradition for me and I quite enjoy it. It makes me feel like a "fanatic". I mean, really, who doesn't love a glitter paw on their face?


Good thing we brought the ponchos! Luckily the rain wasn't near as bad as expected because then I just would have been downright angry that we sat in the pouring rain to watch them throw the game away. I'm fine with sitting in the drizzle to watch them throw the game away. It made me feel better to get my  money's worth out of the poncho.
We ended up leaving shortly before the game ended. Rain was getting worse and the game was becoming too painful to watch. We made it to a bar in time to catch the end of the game and the press conference. Jake was pitiful to watch. 

Our impression of Jake...

Got back to the hotel and came to a stunning realization. Let's see if you can figure out what we figured out...Here is the hotel website photo of the bed.

And here is a photo of our actual bed. Notice anything missing?
That's right! PILLOWS! No pillows! Rob called the front desk but was told there were no extra pillows. So sorry. End of discussion. End of conversation. No pillow for you. Click. Too tired to fight (for now) we went to bed and woke up to...NO HOT WATER!  Let's just say it ended up being a pretty cheap night's stay because they gave us our money back. Jerks.

Only one thing made this weekend better. STEELERS WON!  Here we go Steelers, here we go!

No comments: