I've been here a day and I may never leave. I'll send for the kids. I'll warn you now...I have nothing else in the world to do so this is a long post...(all of our photos are linked on the left side)
The flight to California was uneventful which is always nice. Rob sat in first class while I was herded to the back like cattle. But that's okay (Rob did offer his seat to me but I declined). I entertained myself listening to two full comedy albums of Dane Cook and I laughed so hard I cried. I got a few funny looks from other passengers. It doesn't help that I cry when I laugh. I don't know why and I can't help it! So maybe they thought I was sobbing! I never forget Heather asking me "do you ever not cry when you laugh" while we were giggling on the train in London. Terrible. Anyhoo, I was officially "the weird one" on the plane I'm sure. They were just dying to know what I was listening to.
I do have a few rules of plane travel I came up with that I'd like to share:
1. If you plan to sleep the whole flight, please give up your isle seat. Seriously, I had to pee so bad and could not get the woman in the coma next to me to move. Sweet relief came three hours later.
2. Reclining your seat is just plain rude. It really isn't THAT much more comfortable yet it makes it that much more UNcomfortable for the person behind you. I didn't have that issue but the nice, patient man next to me did and I really felt for him.
3. If you are going to stand up and walk around a bit to stretch your legs, great. But please do not stand so that your large buttocks are in the face of a sitting passenger. Oh man, that is just wrong.
The weather when we landed in San Jose was so beautiful. Beyond perfect. I imagined myself zipping around in a convertible but was unsuccessful in convincing Rob to stand in line to change cars. He's known for his efficiency. But I almost peed my pants laughing when I saw our rental. It was the smallest car I've ever seen (next to a mini). Rob didn't even have to extend his arm to change the radio station. I felt less than cool.
Rob had a meeting as soon as we got there so he dropped me at Borders to browse a while before we headed to San Martin. But Borders was terrible, this was no Barnes & Noble. I guess they don't want people to sit and read but just buy books and skedaddle because they removed all of their cushy chairs. Where was I to lounge?? So I risked my life and played a human game of Frogger and walked across the traffic to Applebees where I enjoyed Applebees wine and Pandora on my iPhone. That was actually fun! (PS...if you have an iPhone and don't have Pandora yet, get it!)
We made it to CordeValle around 3:00 and chilled out on the patio before dinner.
Dinner was great, view was stunning. Came back to the room to be greeted by a pair of cozy slippers placed conveniently next to the bed. I enjoyed them thoroughly.
Woke this morning to the best chilly weather! I love sitting outside on chilly mornings with a blanket and coffee. Nothing better. We had room service breakfast on the patio but it was a little too cold after a while so I moved it into the room next to the fire. What luxury.
I walked down to the lobby with Rob who needed to get going with meetings and I met a few of his co-workers and his boss. Quite a treat since the majority of his coworkers (and boss) are in San Jose and I have never met them. Today I'm taking care of a little business (selling our second house that we rent) and enjoying doing a whole lot of nothing. I'll meet Rob for drinks after his dinner and look forward to another chilly morning on the patio. Tomorrow we will take a tour of the vineyard, have a tasting, maybe play a little bocce ball then dinner. For now, I will pour a glass of wine (I mean it IS 6:00 in Raleigh. That counts, right?) and call the kids. I miss them terribly.
1 comment:
If your laughing fit was anything like the one we had on the tube that day, I feel really bad for the people sitting near you. You really don't hold back.
Post a Comment