Monday, June 1, 2009

A Work in Progress

You know that ad for Kohler where the lady asks the architect to build a house around a single faucet? That is how I feel about this:
We are slowly redecorating the lake house and I am basing the entire house on these two items I found at Wal-Mart. Seriously.

The redecorating involves a lot of wallpaper. I hate wallpaper. The people we bought the house from apparently loved wallpaper. We started with one of the bathrooms downstairs so if it didn't go well then it wouldn't be seen by everyone. Rob did ALL the work.  This was the bathroom before. It's still hard for me to believe someone would even choose for a room to look like this on purpose.
It's not complete yet (still needs the finishing touches) but here it is so far:
The paint is actually green but it turned out more of a nautical green/blue. This wasn't my first choice since my main goal is to eradicate all the blue in the house but I like how it looks with the dark cabinet.  We are making progress. It's hard to spend the time doing the work AND kayak, jet ski, tube, swim, run,  and boat (not to mention sleep and eat). Baby steps.

1 comment:

Shannon said...

What an improvement! I was expecting to come on here jealous of the refreshing lake, and instead get this! Bye-bye ugly bathroom!