Thursday, March 26, 2009

Mystery Reader

Madeleine's class has been enjoying a "Mystery Reader" each day in March. So far, all of the readers have been the mom's of the kids in her class. So Madeleine was convinced beyond all reasoning that I would be coming in to read soon. But I was able to trick her and surprise her so that she was beyond stunned. Introducing the "Mystery Reader": 
Aunt Brigid came in for a wonderful surprise. She even took a whole day off of work (I really had to twist her arm) to read to the class and have lunch with us. 


Madeleine's reaction was priceless and I so wish I had captured it on video. Her eyes bugged out of her head and she made a fart noise - like a "raspberry" or whatever it's called. Hilarious. She just lost control of herself. 




Brigid read "If You Give A Pig A Party" then gave a balloon to each of the kids in class. They were thrilled and Madeleine's aunt was a huge hit. Yay.